This privacy declaration (“Privacy Statement”) affects you as a user of our services through Hala Taxi , described at www.htaxi.om and Hala Taxi smart Mobile application (collectively, the “Services”) provided by Hala Taxi. This Privacy Statement describes our standard and practices in dealing with the information that you provide through our channels that we collect about you as a user of our Services.
This Privacy declaration applies to all users of our Services. It does not apply to drivers or service providers of our Services. We may save, maintain, process and/or manage the information you provide to us. If so, we will take reasonable measurement to protect your information in accordance with this declaration.
Information We Gather:
1. We gather information you provide to us when you create or update your account or in connection with our services, such as log into your account, request or reserve service, contact our customer service, or otherwise communicate with us via telephone, WhatsApp, email, our websites, mobile applications or otherwise. This information includes your name, tele number, email address, mailing address, photographs or other text or images you use, e.g., if required for your profile, the types of Services you request (collectively, “Personal Information”), as well as transaction details, billing and payment information, and other information you use or provide to us in using the Services. If you do not wish to provide any Personal Information, you may simply decline to use our Services.
2. As well, to the information you provide to us, we also gather information about you when you visit our websites, use our mobile apps or otherwise use our Services, your selected preferences and settings, the geographic location of you, of your travel, and of your device, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and the URL from which you access our websites and mobile apps, the pages you visit on our websites, and the time and duration of your visits to, or use of our websites and mobile apps and website pages you have been.
3. We may gather information about your devices, including hardware, operating systems, software, and mobile network information. Because our Services including communications between you and drivers or service providers, we may collect the date and time of calls or messages, the content of messages, phone numbers, and other such call data.
In order to be able to provide your requested services, you will need to grant us permission to obtain your geographic location from your device. Thereafter, you can disable this function in the settings of your device, understanding that you may not be able to avail yourself of our services that require your location.
4. If you permit us to access your address book on your device, we may access that data for purposes of providing our services to you or your contacts and other reasons we describe at the time you grant us permission or at the time we access such data.
5. In some cases, we may also get information about you from third parties, for example, if you log into your account with us via social media or any another service provider, such as Facebook or a Gmail email account. If you have a corporate or business enterprise account with us, we may also obtain information about your employees or about you from your employer, as the case may be. Drivers or service providers or other Services may provide us with information about you arising out of your use of the Services. You should be aware that Hala Taxi cannot manage or control the information it obtains from third parties.
6. On our websites, mobile applications and other online Services, we use automatic data gathering technologies such as software development kits and “cookies” in order to remember user online preferences and settings, optimize your experience when using our services, analyzing website traffic, be informed about a user’s device and network information, and generally understand the attitudes and interests of our users. Cookies uses to recognize or authenticate repeat users.
How We Use gathered Information?
2. We may use the information we gather for our internal business purposes, for example, to manage the content of our websites or to assess the amount of online traffic to our websites or smart apps. Hala Taxi may provide third parties with aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns and related website usage information. This data reflects website usage patterns collected during hundreds or thousands of user visits to our websites and/or our smart apps. Hala Taxi reserves the right to perform, or have performed by third parties, statistical and other analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various pages, or functional, graphical or informational frames or areas of the websites, and to inform advertisers of such analyses as well as the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their advertising banners. Hala Taxi will only provide aggregated anonymous data from log files and other databases of user information to third parties to improve our content offerings, graphics, layout, ease of website use or navigation, and otherwise to provide and to improve our Services.
3. Mobile platforms such as iOS and Android define device data that mobile apps cannot access without your consent. The first time our mobile app wants to access your data, the iOS mobile platform will alert you, and you will be able to consent (or not consent) to that request to access data. An Android device will notify you that our mobile app wants to access your data before you first use the app, then your subsequent use of the app constitutes your consent.
4. In all cases, our company undertakes to keep your personal information in a secure manner so that it is not leaked to any third party not mentioned previously. We also pledge not to disclose or sell full/part of your private information to advertising companies.
INFORMATION COLLECTED DURING USE OF OUR SERVICES:
Your preferred language and country site (if applicable)
- The manufacturer and model of your mobile device
- Your mobile operating system
- Your geolocation
- Your image for profile
- The type of mobile internet browsers you are using
- Driver location data, which we use to track trips and assist with navigation
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECTED:
- Our primary goal in collecting your information is to provide you with an enhanced experience when using the Services. We use your information to closely monitor which features of the Services are used most, to allow you to view your trip history, rate trips, and to determine which features we need to focus on improving, including usage patterns and geographic locations to determine where we should offer or focus services, features and/or resources.
- Location data helps improve our services, including pickups, navigation, and customer support.
- Our app uploading users image to show it in there profile .
- Riders who have enabled “Hala Taxi” to collect location data from their mobile device may also enable the Emergency Data Sharing feature that shares data with emergency police, fire, and ambulance services. Such data includes approximate location at the time the emergency call was placed; the car’s make, model, color, and license plate information; the rider’s name and phone number; pickup and dropoff locations; and the driver’s name.
- Riders who have enabled “Hala Taxi” to collect location data from their mobile device may also enable “Hala Taxi” to share their location with their driver from the time the ride is requested to the start of the trip. This can help improve pickups for both drivers and riders, particularly in crowded areas.
To see maps automatically tracked activities, allow "Hala Taxi" to use your location all of the time.
"Hala Taxi" app collects location data to enable measure the distance traveled, needs to monitor your location even if you are using a different app, such as talking on the phone. This is called "Background" location usage and is needed by this app to accurately measure the distance that was traveled even if you are using a different app on your phone or when the app is closed or not in use.